Settler of township lots: Lot 14, Conc. 4, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 101 acre lot east of Hwy 35 running north from North Shore Road.
Land acquisition: 1932 from William Ferguson. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 177).
- Lot 15, Conc. 8, Stanhope - Island in Halls Lake. 1923 from George Deacon. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 74).
Dates of residency:
- 1923 Marriage: Annie Placida Peat (1899–1970) Buffalo, New York, USA
- Residence from 1931: on shores of Lake Boskung in Haliburton
- 1967 Death of Wife Placida Peat (1900–1967) Minden
- 1989 Died in Minden
Occupation: worked in lumber camps, on the railroad, as a carpenter, later owned resort cottages. Source: Ancestry.ca - Warne/sisson/Martin/holman/Henry Family Tree
See McBrien Pines.
Purchased the island on the east shore of Halls Lake which he subdivided and developed for cottages.
First landowner: 1924 David Stanley Gray
Succeeding landowner: 1953 Robert J. (his son) & Ruth MacBrien
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Victor Arnold McBrien, b. 19 Mar 1899, Maple Lake, d. Jan 1989, Minden, (Age 89 years)
• Robert John McBrien, b. 15 Apr 1869, Ontario, d. 19 Dec 1934, Cavan, Durham, Ontario, (Age 65 years)
• Teresa Sisson, b. 29 Aug 1869, Cavan, Durham, Ontario, d. 18 Feb 1941, Maple Lake, (Age 71 years)
- Annie Placida Peat, b. 11 Jun 1899, Alexandria, Saint Ann, Jamaica d. 1968, Minden (Age 68 years)
2. Robert J MacBrien, b. 10 Sep 1925, Detroit, d. 28 Aug 2016, Stanhope, (Age 90 years)
3. Douglas Victor MacBrien, b. 07 Jan 1929, Fordson, Wayne, Michigan, d. 11 Dec 2007, Massachusetts, (Age 78 years)
Photo: Victor and Placida McBrien. Source: Ancestry.ca mystrwolf originally shared this on 07 Mar 2016