Settler of township lots: Lot 6, Conc. 14, McClintock Twp
Location: Map point is the approximate location of 'Island C' in the north section of Oxtongue Lake
Land Acquisition: 1927 Patent from The Crown for 9/10 + 1/10 acres. Ontario Land Parcel Register - McClintock (Click here and go to Image 7).
Dates of residency: `
James Elliott was introduced to the excellent hunting and fishing in the region in the late 1930's by his friend, C. P. Bishop. James subsequently bought Island "C" from James Mosley in 1940 for the princely sum of $900 (annual property taxes were $6.00). His son Richard William "Bill" Elliott inherited the cottage in 1952. Source: From ELLIOTT'S AT THE NARROWS Submitted by J. Elliott. Source: Facts and Fables of Oxtongue Lake, 2000 pgs. 81-82
Preceding landowner: The Crown