Settler of township lots: Lot 31, Conc. 2, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 96 acre lot which runs east from the south end of 30th Line Road.
Land acquisition: no record of ownership
- This land was owned by Allen Horsley from The Crown from 1875 (illegible ?) until Quit Claim to William Voicey in another illegible date. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 177).
- Lot 28, Con. 7, Stanhope - 1920 from Sidney Fairfield; 1927 to William Barry; 1967to Brown Camps. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 159)
- Lot 1, Conc. 3, Guilford - 1923 from Henry Smith Deacon, his son; 1948 to Mariley Truman Titus. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 2).
Dates of residency:
- 1901 Census of Canada, Stanhope: William Deacon with Catherine Crofts, boarder
- 1903 Business Directory, Guilford: Henry Deacon, Maple Lake, Lot 3, Conc. 2
- 1903 Business Directory, Stanhope: William Deacon, Maple Lake, Lot 31, Conc. 2
- 1911 Stanhope Voters List
- 1911 Stanhope Post Office List: Wm Deacon Maple Lake
- 1936 Death of Wife Eliza Jane Denison (1871–1936) Lutterworth Twp
The years before 1885 saw a steady influx of homesteaders to West Guilford, including Henry and William Deacon. Source: In Quest of Yesterday by Nila Reynolds. Published by The Provisional County of Haliburton, Minden, Ontario 1973 pg. 154
Preceding landowner: 1875 Allen Horsley from The Crown
Succeeding landowner: ? Quit claim to William Voicey
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- William Henry Deacon, b. 10 Jun 1879, Wingham, Ontario, d. 4 Jan 1957 (Age 77 years). Buried: Maple Lake Cemetery
• Henry Smith Deacon, b. Abt 1852, Ontario d. 6 May 1927 (Age ~ 75 years)
• Nancy Jane Boyd, b. Abt 1855, Ontario, d. 14 Mar 1898, Guilford, (Age ~ 43 years)