Settler of township lots: Lot 16, Conc. 3, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within north half of this 93 acre lot on the north shore at the west end of Beech Lake at Dominion Road.
Land acquisition: 1930 from James Henry Sisson. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 271).
Dates of residency:
- 1891 & 1901 Census of Canada, Stanhope
- 1911 Census of Canada: Peterborough
Samuel Ferguson, Pte. Veteran:
- Enlisted: 14 Mar 1917, Minden
- Occupation and residence: Carpenter, Carnarvon. Lot 22, Conc. 1, Stanhope on 1901 census
- Battalion: Pre-enlistment - 45th Volunteers, Lindsay; 252nd Overseas Battalion, C.E.F.; 6th Reserve Battalion; 21st Battalion, Canadian Infantry; 44th Infantry Battalion
- Notes on war service: Diagnosed with lobar pneumonia on 19 Jun 1917. Served in France. Discharged 6 Jun 1919 at Kingston, Ontario.
First landowner: 1880 Robert Ferguson from The Crown
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Samuel Ferguson, b. 21 Oct 1886, Stanhope, d. 05 Feb 1952 (Age 65 years)
• Robert Ferguson, b. 12 Mar 1833, Northern Ireland d. 30 Jun 1906, Stanhope, (Age 73 years)
• Jane Taylor, b. 25 Dec 1850, Northern Ireland d. 27 Feb 1902, Stanhope, Age 51 years)
- Kate Violet Weston, b. Abt 1904, England
- Divorce information recorded in 1932 on marriage registration.