Settler of township lots: Lot 22, Conc. 1, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot which runs north from Tulip Road east of Voycey Road.
Land acquisition: This settler acquired this lot from his father, Robert Ferguson's (b.1833 ) estate in 1915. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 242).
- Lots 16 & 17, Conc. 3, Stanhope - were patented in 1889 to his father Robert Ferguson (b. 1833). Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Images 271 & 298)
- Lot 17, Conc. 4, Stanhope - 1903 purchased by from R. R. Henderson; 1960 Holly Ferguson (son) inherited; 1963 to James B. Cooper & Earl Pitts. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 203)
- Lot 18, Conc. 4: was purchased from Rueben R Henderson in 1898 and sold to William Ferguson in 1907 then to Robert Ferguson in 1919. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 253).
- 1911 Stanhope Voters List: Wm. Ferguson
Dates of residency:
- 1901 Stanhope Voters List: Robert Ferguson, Jr., farmer
- 1901 Census of Canada
- 1903 Business Directory, Stanhope: Robert Ferguson, Carnarvon
- 1906 His father, Robert Ferguson Sr. died at this property
- 1911 Census of Canada, Stanhope: Lot 22, Conc. 4 - Robert & Elizabeth Ferguson and daughters Wilma A & Elizabeth.
- 1911 Stanhope Voters List: Robt Ferguson on Lot 22, Conc. 1; Lot 17, Conc. 3 and Lot 1, 7 Conc. 4
- 1911 Stanhope Post Office List: Rob Ferguson on Lot 22, Conc. 1
- 1918 Stanhope Post Office List: Robt Ferguson, Carnarvon at Lot 22, Conc. 1
- 1928 Stanhope Voters List: Robert Ferguson, Jr & Elizabeth Ferguson, housewife, at Lots 16, 17, 18, 22, Conc. 3, 4, 1.
- 1885 Robert Baker
- 1891 William Williams for $100
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree