Settler of township lots: Lot 26, Conc. 4, Stanhope.
Location: Map point is the approximate location with this irregular waterfront 36 acre lot on the south shore of Maple Lake running east from 25th Line Road.
- 1861 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 56 acres to Richard Bailey.
- 1885 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 349).
- Lot 25, Conc. 3, Stanhope: 1867 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 101 acres to Richard Bailey with Lot 25, Conc. 4.
- Lot 20, Conc. 5, Stanhope: 1876 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 100 acres to Richard Moses Bailey BUT Owen Wessels received the patent for this land in 1885. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 142)
Dates of residency:
- 1871 Census of Canada: Stanhope, Peterborough North, Ontario; Roll: C-9988; Page: 13; Family No: 50.
- 1881 Census of Canada, Stanhope: with parents
- 1891 & 1901 Census of Canada, Northwest Territories / Assiniboia East / Wide Awake / Page 5, Family 50.
Preceding landowner: The Crown
- 1891 William D. Fader with other lands
- 1929 Joseph Fader for $1
- 1930 Charles Fader for $1
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Richard Moses Bailey, b. 11 Feb 1856, Belleville, d. 05 May 1941, Hennepin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
• Richard Bailey, b. 24 May 1826, England d. 25 Feb 1914, Belleville, (Age 87 years)
• Ann Hopper, b. 1824, England d. 1890 (Age 66 years)
- Henrietta E Jones, b. 22 Jan 1868, Ontario
- Children: 10 Children all born in Saskatchewan