Settler of township lots: Lots 22 & 23, Conc. 1, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location of this 100 acre Lot 23, Conc. 1 which runs north from Tulip Road between Voicey Road and 25th Line Road.
Land Acquisition: Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image ).
Dates of residency:
- 1911 Census of Canada, Ontario / Haliburton / Stanhope / Page 7, Family 68.
- 1921 Census of Canada, Ontario / Victoria / Stanhope / Page 8, Family 79.
- Jonathan Howell 1868 Lot 23, Conc. 1; 1874 Lot 24, Conc. 1
- 1878 George E. Bates B&S both lots for $800 each
- 1896 Benjamin Sawyer both lots for $200 each
- ? William Henry cowen (his father)
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Rex Wilfred Cowen, b. 12 Oct 1905, Stanhope, d. 14 Dec 1977 (Age 72 years) Buried: Twelve Mile Lake Cemetery
• William Henry Cowen, b. 01 Jul 1869, England d. 22 Oct 1944, Stanhope (Age 75 years) Buried: Twelve Mile Lake Cemetery
• Rose Ellen Harrison, b. Abt 1877, Lambton, Ontario d. 01 May 1959 Stanhope (Age ~ 82 years) Buried: Twelve Mile Lake Cemetery