Settler of township lots: Lot 24. Conc. 13 Minden (Stanhope area)
Location: Note: Map point is the approximate location on the 97 acre lot which runs south from Tulip Road west of 25 Line Road
Land acquisition: 1912 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Minden (Image 418).
- Lot 24, Conc. 3, Stanhope: 1924 2 acres from Thomas J. W. Jones for $150 south of Maple Lake at Steeplechase Drive. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 417).
Dates of residency:
- 1893 Minden Township Directory: Levi Owens, Blairhampton
- 1901 Census of Canada - Lot 2, Conc. 13, Sherborne
- 1903 Business Directory, Minden: Levi Owens, Blairhampton, Lot 24, Conc. 13, Minden
- 1911 Census of Canada - Pt Lots 16 & 24, Conc. 13, Minden
- 1928 Stanhope Voters List: Levi & Mary Owens at Lot 24, Conc. 3, Stanhope
- 1932 Died, residence listed as Maple Lake for 9 years
Owens was recorded as a teacher on the 1901 Census. His residence at this time was near the location of a one room school house within Lot 2, Conc. 13, Sherborne on the north east shore of Traders Bay (Livingstone Lake, Kawagama Lake Roads and Nordic Inn Road). Perhaps he was the teacher there. By 1911, he and his family had moved to the Carnarvon area, where he took up farming. According to his obituary, he died at Maple Lake in 1932.
Preceding landowner: The Crown
- 1924 Nelson Vangoren
- 1949 Charles McKnight
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Levi Owens, b. 14 Mar 1859, Cavan, Ontario, d. 5 Dec 1932, Maple Lake, (Age 73 years). COD: Cerebral hemorhage. Buried: Zion Cemetery
• Richard Owens, b. Abt 1835, Ontario, d. 11 Apr 1897, Minden, (Age ~ 62 years)
• Mary Jane Hopkins, b. Abt 1839, Ontario, d. 20 Dec 1920 (Age ~ 81 years)
- Mary Brown, b. 20 Apr 1861, Scotland d. 25 Jan 1944 (Age 82 years). Buried: Zion Cemetery
1. Georgena Kathleen Owens, b. 14 Feb 1902, Haliburton
2. George Neilson Owens, b. 14 Apr 1906, Carnarvon