Settler of township lots: Lots 27 & 28, Conc. 8, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within Lot 27, Conc. 8 which is one lot north of the west end of Barry Line Road east of Alpha Lane
- 1876 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 101 & 101 acres to John William Hunt.
- These lots have No Patent according to Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Images 192 &193).
Dates of residency:
- 1881 Census of Canada, Minden
- 1891 Census of Canada, Minden
- 1891 Death: Ingoldsby
Interesting facts: Listed as miller on death certificate.
HIs son, Joseph Belard Hunt, is listed in the 1876 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 101 acres to Joseph B Hunt BUT these lots have No Patent according to Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 258). which is three lots north of the west end of Barry Line Road in the area.
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- John William Hunt, b. 24 May 1816, England d. 17 Oct 1891, Ingoldsby, Haliburton. COD: Not given. Buried: Ingoldsby Cemetery
- Anna Jane Myers, b. 14 Sep 1830, England d. 6 Dec 1892, Ingoldsby Cemetery
1. William James Hunt, b. 20 Jan 1850, Weston, Ontario d. 31 Dec 1928, Lethbridge, Alberta
2. John Robert Hunt, b. 18 Aug 1954, Aurora d. 18 Nov 1833m, Chiliwack ,BC
3. Joseph Belard Hunt, b. 6 Nov 1856, Aurora, d. 15 Jan 1930, Tory Hill, Haliburton (Age ~ 73 years)