Settler of township lots: Lot 12, Conc. A, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot running east from Bobcaygeon Road (Rugged Lane) one lot west of Kushog Lake Road opposite Leisure Lane
Land acquisition: 1928 from Daniel Taylor. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 12).
Other land: Lot 11, Conc. A, Stanhope - 1928 from Daniel Taylor; 1951 to Wesly Crawford. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 38)
Dates of residency:
- 1891 Census of Canada, Ontario / Victoria North / Anson & Hindon / page 1, family 5. John Toy is enumerated as grandson of James Toy.
- 1911 Census of Canada, Ontario / Haliburton / Anson & Hindon / Page 8, Family 11.
- 1921 Census of Canada, Ontario / Victoria / Stanhope / Page 2, Family 19.
Interesting facts: q
Ontario Death Registrations, Reg# 17653-38. Surname is spelled Toye on death registration. He is recorded as the son of Mary Toye who was born Hindon Hill, Ontario. No father is listed. Informant is his son Fred.
First landowner: 1905 Daniel Taylor from The Crown
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- John Sylvester Toye, b. 3 Mar 1891, Hindon, d. 20 Mar 1938, Minden, (Age 47 years)
• Mary Toye, b. 24 Aug 1873, Bell's Corners, Ontario
- Harriet Jane Harrison, b. 8 Oct 1878, Wyoming, Lambton, Ontario
• James Harrison, b. 15 Jan 1842, Cornwall, Stormont, Ontario, d. 07 Oct 1928, Stanhope, Age 86 years)
• Harriet Jane Osborne, b. 1842, Ontario, d. 1924 (Age 82 years)
First husband: William Eldon Bull, b. 5 May 1874, Murray, Northumberland, Ontario, d. 25 Dec 1914, Stanhope, (Age 40 years)