Settler of township lots: Lot 12, Conc. A, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot running east from Bobcaygeon Road (Rugged Lane) one lot west of Kushog Lake Road opposite Leisure Lane
Land acquisition: 1928 from Daniel Taylor. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 12).
- Lot 11, Conc. A, Stanhope - 1928 from Daniel Taylor; 1951 to Wesley Crawford. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 38)
- Lot 2, Conc. 13, Minden - his son Earl, on his 1942 marriage application, says he was born at this lot in 1919.
Dates of residency:
- 1891 Census of Canada, Ontario / Victoria North / Anson & Hindon / page 1, family 5. John Toy is enumerated as grandson of James Toy.
- 1911 Census of Canada, Ontario / Haliburton / Anson & Hindon / Page 8, Family 11.
- 1921 Census of Canada, Ontario / Victoria / Stanhope / Page 2, Family 19.
- 1938 Death: Carnarvon
Ontario Death Registrations, Reg# 17653-38. Surname is spelled Toye on death registration. He is recorded as the son of Mary Toye who was born in Hindon Hill, Ontario. No father is listed. Informant is his son Fred.
First landowner: 1905 Daniel Taylor from The Crown
Succeeding landowner: Closed-unpatented
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- John Sylvester Toye, b. 3 Mar 1891, Hindon, d. 20 Mar 1938, Carnarvon, (Age 47 years). COD: Diabetes Buried: Zion Cemetery
• Mother: Mary Toye, b. 24 Aug 1873, Bell's Corners, Ontario; Father: Unknown
• Mother's Parents: James Toye 1845-1928; Jane Johnston 1850-1886
• Mother's Husbands: James Wesley Stockton 1856-1900; John Michael Rivers 1858-1947
- Harriet Jane Harrison, b. 8 Oct 1878, Wyoming, Lambton, Ontario. d. 1955. Buried: Zion Cemetery
• James Harrison, b. 15 Jan 1842, Cornwall, Stormont, Ontario, d. 07 Oct 1928, Stanhope (Age 86 years)
• Harriet Jane Osborne, b. 1842, Ontario, d. 1924 (Age 82 years)
First husband: William Eldon Bull, b. 5 May 1874, Murray, Northumberland, Ontario, d. 25 Dec 1914, Stanhope, (Age 40 years)