Settler of township lots: Lot 4, Conc. 2, Guilford (Stanhope area)
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot running south from Irish Line Road north of Hurricane Lake, west of Hwy 118
Land acquisition: 1905 from John Baker. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 116).
- Lot 27, Conc. 3, Stanhope - 1906 from William Powell; 1915 to Robert John McBrien. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 458).
- Lot 1, Conc. 2, Guilford - 1918 from Alexander Baker; 1931 to Sarah Jane Morrison (his wife); 1961 back to John James Morrison. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 106).
- Lot 2, Conc. 2, Guilford - 1913 from Alexander Baker; 1931 to Sarah Jane Morrison (his wife); 1961 back to John James Morrison. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 109).
- Lot 3, Conc. 2, Guilford - 1911 from William Baker. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 111).
Dates of residency:
- 1907 Marriage: Sarah Jane Davidson in Minden. Wit's: William Baker, Guilford & Rose Gibson, Minden. Clergy: Rev. Thomas Smith by license. Bride: Sarah Jane Davison, age 25, spinster, Methodist & Groom: John James Morrison, age 26, bachelor, Farmer, Methodist.
- 1909 Birth of Daughter Gladys Merrill Morrison (1909–1939) Haliburton
- 1911 Census of Canada, Guilford: John & Sarah Morrison with daughter Gladys and father-in-law William Davidson
- 1921 Census of Canada, Guilford
- 1937 Death of Wife Sarah Jane Davidson (1882–1937) at Lot 2, Conc. 2, Guilford
- 1966 Death: Haliburton
William Davidson's hundred pound cast iron sap kettle was for many years owned by a son-in-law, Mr. John Morrison Sr. of the Irish Line in Guilford Township. Source: In Quest of Yesterday by Nila Reynolds. Published by The Provisional County of Haliburton, Minden, Ontario 1973 pg. 281
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- John James Morrison, b. 2 Apr 1881, Guilford d. 30 Jul 1966, Haliburton: (Age 85 years). Buried: Maple Lake Cemetery.
Apr. 2, 1881-July 30, 1966 and his wife Sarah Jane Davidson Jan. 6, 1882-Feb. 8, 1937 their daughter Gladys Murvel wife of Frank Sims Aug. 4, 1914; Feb. 6, 1929
• Alexander Morrison, b. 25 Mar 1832, Ireland d. 7 Oct 1920 (Age 88 years)
• Mary Craig, b. 1839, Ireland d. 8 Sep 1906 (Age 67 years)
- Sarah Jane Davidson, b. 6 Jan 1882, d. 9 Feb 1937, West Guilford, (Age 55 years). COD: Hemoplegia caused by chronic hypertension. Buried: Maple Lake Cemetery
1. Gladys Mervyle [Murvel] Morrison, b. Abt 1909, Guilford, d. 7 Feb 1939, Lindsay, (Age ~ 30 years). Married Frank Simms
2. Stanley J Morrison, b. 26 Apr 1917, d. 11 Jun 1971 (Age 54 years)
3. Nellie Morrison
Photo: John & Sadie Morrison with Gladys, Harold, Stanley. Source: Ancestry.ca PeggySawyerPouw originally shared this on 08 Sep 2010