Settler of township lots: Lot 9, Conc. 3, Guilford (Stanhope area)
Location: Map point is the approximate location within lot which runs south from Eagle Lake Road, south of Pine Lake.
Land acquisition: 1927 from William Powell. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 61).
- Lot 15, Conc. 4, Guilford - 1919 South shore of Cranberry Lake from The C .L. & C. Co. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 262)
- Lot 8, Conc. 5, Guilford - 1915 from Charles Barnum; 1916 to Alfred Jones: 1945 to Lawrence C Morrison. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 100)
Dates of residency: Born & died in West Guilford. 1888-1957
- 1874 Married Rebecca Harris Bell in Minden Township. He claimed to be 23 on his marriage record rather than 28 but since the bride was not quite 15 years old, perhaps he shaved a few years off his age. Source: Ancestry.ca
- 1877 Birth of Daughter Mary Susanna Bain (1877–1952) West Guilford
- 1881 Duncan Bain was living in Peterborough, Ontario when the Canadian Pacific Railroad was under construction.
- 1882 Birth of Daughter Isabella Jemima Bain (1882–) Guilford
- 1909 Death of newborn Son Murvel Bain at Lot 10, Conc. 6, Guilford
- 1911 Census of Canada, Guilford: Henry & Emily Bain
- 1921 Census of Canada, Guilford
- 1923 Birth of Son Leslie Bain (1923–1986) West Guilford
- 1932 Birth of Daughter Mary Bain (1932–1932) West Guilford
- 1957 Death: West Guilford
- 1865 C L & E Co Ltd from The Crown
- 1904 William Powell
Succeeding landowner: 1953 Cecil & Clayton Stamp
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- John Henry Duncan Bain, b. 11 Feb 1888, West Guilford, d. 1957, West Guilford (Age 69 years). Buried: West Guilford Cemetery
• Duncan Bain, b. 1849, Ontario, d. 8 Jun 1928, Dysart, Haliburton, (Age 79 years)
• Rebecca Harris Bell, b. 21 Apr 1859, Ontario, d. 14 Jul 1945, Guilford, (Age 86 years)
- Emily May Henderson, b. Dec 1890, West Guiford d. 20 Feb 1975, West Guilford.
1. Murvel Bain, b. 15 Mar 1909, Guilford, d. 15 Mar 1909, Guilford, (Age 0 years). COD: Stillborn
2. Mary Bain, b./d. 232 Feb 1932, West Guilford. COD: Congenital debility
Photo: Emily and Henry Bain. Source: Ancestry.ca edpilcher38 originally shared this on 01 Jan 2017