Settler of township lots: Lot 12, Conc. 5, Guilford (Stanhope area)
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot north-east of Pine Lake.
Land acquisition: 1923 from The C .L. & C. Co. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 136).
- Lot 11, Conc. 5, Guilford - 1913 12 acres south of the swamp from William Barnum. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 123).
- Lot 16, Conc. 7, Guilford - 11948 from The C .L. & C. Co. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 74).
Dates of residency:
- 1903 Business Directory, Guilford: John Barnum, Maple Lake, Lot 8, Conc. 5 which in 1903 was purchased by Charles Barnum, his father, from The C. L. & C. Co. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image 100).
- 1911 Census of Canada, Guilford: John Hy Barnum, wife Ina, and 3 children
Other residents: 1903 Business Directory, Guilford: W H Barnum, Maple Lake, Lot 12, Conc. 5. William Henry Barnum, b. 1873, son of Nelson Barnum
Preceding landowner: 1865 The C. L. & C. Co from The Crown
Succeeding landowners: 1943 Cecil Stamp
- Lot 11, Conc. 5, Guilford:
• North of the swamp: 1936 William Herbert Barnum, his son; subdivided into lots
• South of the swamp: 1913 John Andrew Barnum; 1943 Cecil Stamp
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- John Andrew Barnum, b. 23 Feb 1872, Stanhope, d. 1954, Guilford, (Age 81 years). Buried: West Guilford Cemetery
• Charles Barnum, b. 20 Apr 1839, Trenton, d. 08 May 1930, Clinton, (Age 91 years)
• Jane Sowerby d. 29 Dec 1913. Buried: West Guilford Cemetery
- Iona Jones, b. 27 Sep 1883, Stanhope, d. 1960, Guilford, Haliburton, (Age 76 years)
1. Charles Sidney Barnum, b. 20 Apr 1905, West Guilford, d. 14 Sep 1928, West Guilford, (Age 23 years) COD: Tuberculosis, meningitis, polyserousitis. Buried: West Guilford Cemetery
2. Arnold Barnum, b. Jun 1908, Ontario
3. Therm Barnum, b. Apr 1910, Ontario