Settler of township lots: Lot 16, Conc. 4, Stanhope
Location: This map point is at the approximate location within this 101 acre lot running north from North Shore Road opposite Dominion Road
- 1875 This 101 acre lot was registered as a Free Grant through the Free Grant and Homestead Act of 1868 under the locatee name Jane Grey Sisson.
- 1876 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 101 acres to Jane Grey Sisson.
- 1880 Patent from the Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 191).
- Lot 4, Conc. 1, Stanhope: patented on illegible date to Jane Grey Stevens et al. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 34). Irregular waterfront 78 acre lot at the south end of Kushog Lake.
- Lot 3, Conc. 2: 1883 from George Wellington Stevens. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 14).
- Lots 18 & 19, Conc. 3, Stanhope:1879 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 30 acres to Jane Sisson.
- 1879 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register-Stanhope (Images 316 & 333). 12 acre irregular, waterfront lot on the south shore of Beech Lake - Whisky Jack Lane.
- Lot 16, Conc. 4, Stanhope: 1880 Patent from the Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register-Stanhope (Image 191). 101 acre lot running north from North Shore Road opposite Dominion Road
Date of Residency:
- She probably never lived at any of these lots.
- George Wellington Stevens patented Lot 3, Conc. 2, Stanhope in 1874. George Wellington Stevens and Jane GrayStevens were enumerated at this lot on the 1901 census.
- 1889 Birth of Son Arthur Irwin Stevens (1888–1955) Peterson Corner
- 1911 Death of Husband George Wellington Stevens (1857–1911) Omemee
- 1911 Census of Canada, Bexley Twp Coboconk Village Head of household
Other residents: 1870 Peterborough County Directory, Stanhope: Edward Sisson, Lot 19, Conc. 3.
Interesting facts: AKA Big Jane Sisson
Preceding landowner: The Crown
Succeeding landowner: April 1910 Jane Gray Stevens, formerly Sisson, sold to James Sisson
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Jane Gray Sisson, b. 28 Jul 1855, Durham, Ontario, d. 02 Jun 1924, Coboconk, (Age 68 years). COD: Heart attack. Buried: Coboconk Cemetery
• Henry Sisson, b. 27 May 1823, England d. 23 May 1900, Stanhope, (Age 76 years)
• Jenny Ellen Gray, b. 04 Aug 1828, Glengarry, Ontario, d. 13 Jul 1868, Durham, Ontario, (Age 39 years)
- George Wellington Stevens, b. 20 Aug 1857, Fenelon, d. 24 Mar 1911, Coboconk, (Age 53 years)
Photo 1: Sisson, Jane Gray 997.02.96. Source: Ancestry.ca Eunice_Matresky originally shared this on 03 Sep 2014
Photo 2: Back row - Jane Gray Sisson, Clair Sisson, Emma Sisson, Emma Dawson, Front row - Thomas Mack Sisson, Henry Sisson, Jim Sisson, Girls - Elizabeth Lizzie Sisson, Ellen E. Source: Ancestry.ca mystrwolf originally shared this on 02 Dec 2015
Photos 3 & 4: Left: Jane Sisson about 1880. Source: Ancestry.ca. johnmar131 originally shared this on 22 Jan 2014 Right: Sisson, Jane Gray. Source: Ancestry.ca WhiteStathis originally shared this on 08 Oct 2015.