Settler of township lots: Lots 10, Conc. A, Hindon (Stanhope area)
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre Lot 10, Conc. A, Hindon which runs north from the westward section of Brady Lake Road north of Boyd Road
Land acquisition: 1871 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Hindon (Image 25).
Dates of residency:
- 1871 Census of Canada, Lutterworth, Anson & Hindon: James Taylor 52, Jenet Taylor 70, Archibald Taylor 50, Daniel Taylor 23, Jane Taylor 20, Robert John Taylor 19, Alexander Taylor 16
- 1881 Census of Canada, Hindon & Anson: Jenet Hill Taylor 83, James Taylor 62, Archibald Taylor 60, Daniel Taylor 33, Kate Taylor 19, Sophia Taylor 2
- 1893 Anson & Hindon Townships Directory: James Taylor, Petersons Cors.
- 1901 Census of Canada, Anson & Hindon: Dannel Taylor 48, Catherine Taylor 37, Jenie Taylor 18, Jessie Taylor 17, Archie Taylor 16, Maggie Taylor 14, Louisa Taylor 12, Dannel Taylor 10, Rachel Taylor 9, James Taylor 7, Corah Taylor 5, Ammie Taylor 3, William Taylor 1, James Taylor 86, Archie Taylor, 85
- 1903 Business Directory, Anson & Hindon: J. Taylor, Petersons Corners, Lot 10, Conc. A
- 1905 Died at Lot 9, Anson & Hindon
Preceding landowner: The Crown
Succeeding landowner: 1915 David Lawson
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree Not listed
- Birth: 1815 Antrim, Ireland. This birthday from 1901 census - Birthdate might be as early as 1810 since death record in 1905 gives his age as 95 years.
- Death: 1905 Lot 9, Conc. A, Hindon. COD: Old age - two weeks
- Father: Daniel Taylor 1775 - Mother: C. McGregor ? -1817
- Spouse: Single (Death register)
- Children: None