Settler of township lots: Lot 27, Conc. 6, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this irregular waterfront lot on the north shore of Maple Lake on Ted Carr Lane.
- 1900 South 60 acres from George Thompson for $1. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 139)
- All 116 acres were registered to Isaac Wesley and Margaret Agnes Boice around 1905.
- Lot 24, Conc. 5, Stanhope: 1904 from Hugh McPhail. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 178).
- Lot 26, Conc. 6, Stanhope: 1930 from Wilbert Ray Barry, 100 acres. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 132)
- Lot 27, Conc. 6, Stanhope: 1915 North 50 acres from George Nelson Clark; then all. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 137).
Dates of residency:
- 1898 Birth of Daughter Della Isabella Bice (Boice) (1898–1987) Stanhope
- 1901 Census of Canada, Stanhope: Wesley & Margret A Boice with daughter Della
- 1901 Stanhope Voters List: Lots 21 & 22, Conc. 5. No record of ownership
- 1903 Business Directory, Stanhope: Wesley Boice, Winston, Lot 24, Conc. 5
- 1903 Stanhope Voters List: Wesley Boice, farmer, Lots 22 & 24, Conc. 5
- 1911 Census of Canada, Stanhope: Wesley & Margeret Boice and daughter Della
- 1911 Stanhope Voters List
- 1911 Stanhope Township Post Office List
- 1918 Stanhope Township Post Office List
- 1928 Stanhope Voters List
- 1935 Stanhope List of Electors: Wesley, farmer, & Mrs. Boice, Maple Lake
Interesting facts: aka Isaac Wesley Bice Boice, Isaac Wesley Bice, Isaac Wesley Boice-Bice
Grandson Rex Boice for many years operated West Guilford's first tourist house, Redstone Lodge. Source: In Quest of Yesterday by Nila Reynolds. Published by The Provisional County of Haliburton, Minden, Ontario 1973 pg. 70
- 1886 George Thompson 100 acres from The Crown by Free Grant. This settler was listed at this lot on the 1901 Stanhope Voters List.
Succeeding landowner: 1941 part - James Gordon Carr for whom the road is name.
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Isaac Wesley Boice, b. 28 Mar 1868, Stanhope d. 03 Sep 1949, Stanhope (Age 81 years). Buried in St. Peter's Cemetery.
Parents: They had 10 children
• Isaac Boice, b. 18 Jan 1839, Somerville, Victoria, Ontario d. 6 Feb 1914, Dysart (Age 75 years)
• Elizabeth Holly Amelia Barjarow, b. 07 Jul 1843, Victoria, Ontario, d. 27 Aug 1917, Haliburton (Age 74 years)
- Margaret Agnes Taylor, b. 05 Jun 1872, Stanhope d. 15 Dec 1960, Maple Lake (Age 88 years)
• William Nelson Taylor, b. Abt 1831, England d. 08 Mar 1895, Stanhope, (Age ~ 64 years)
• Sophia Jane Dawson, b. 26 Aug 1837, England d. 10 Oct 1915, Stanhope, (Age 78 years)
- Child: Della Isabella Boice, b. 22 Jan 1898, Stanhope, d. 27 Aug 1987 (Age 89 years)
Photo: Carol Moffatt's postcard collection