Settler of township lots: Lot 24, Conc. 3, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre Lot 24, Conc. 3, Stanhope on the south end of Maple Lake at Steeplechase Dr and Hwy 35.
Land acquisition: There is illegible reference to Herman Fettery granting 99 acres to Samuel Sims. This lot was patented to Thomas J W Jones from The Crown in 1929. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 417).
Other land: Lot 21, Conc. 12, Minden - 1908 West half; 1912 to Thomas H Rogers. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Minden (Image 130)
Dates of residency:
- 1889 Birth of Daughter Pearl Ellie Fetterly (1889–) Haliburton
- 1901 Census of Canada, Stanhope: Herman & Mary E Fittrley with 8 children
- 1901 Stanhope Voters List: carpenter
- 1903 Business Directory, Stanhope: Herman Fetterly, Maple Lake
- 1905 Death of infant son Sherman Roy Fetterly at Lot 30, Conc. 5, Stanhope
- 1907 death registration of his daughter Violetta records his residence as Lot 29, Conc. 5, Stanhope which at that date was owned by Benjamin Sawyer. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 278).
- 1911 Census of Canada, Minden: Herman & Mary Ellen Fetterly at Lot 21, Conc. 12, Minden
- 1912 Death: Trenton, Ontario
The men cadging shingle bolts to Haliburton brought back loads of red brick for the walls of the second school [S. S. No 2 & 3, Guilford] which Herman Fetterley built in 1895. In Quest of Yesterday by Nila Reynolds. Published by The Provisional County of Haliburton, Minden, Ontario 1973. pg 157
Mr. H. Fetterly is mentioned in the minutes of a meeting dated at Maple Lake, December 1, 1890, which started the building of a new church by the amalgamated Methodist congregations at Pine Lake and Maple Lake. Source: Ibid pg. 326
- ? Samusl Sims
- 1924 Levi Owens 2 acres for $150
- 1950 Richard Payment (Rayment?)
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Herman Raymond Fetterly, b. 30 Apr 1859, Murray Twp, Ontario d. 21 Apr 1912, Trenton, Ontario. COD: pleural pneumonia.
- Family 1: Aurelia or Aurelia Violet Parks, b. Oct 1859, Murray Twp., Ontario, d. 14 Jul 1885, Murray Twp. COD: childbirth
1. Ernest Franklin Fetterly, b. Nov 1883, Ontario
2. William Edward Fetterly, b. 14 Jul 1885, Northumberland, Ontario
- Family 2: Mary Ellen Burleigh, b. Feb 1870, Murray Twp, Ontario, d. 30 Apr 1916, Brighton, Ontario
1. Norman Otha Fetterly, b. 15 Nov 1887, Murray, Northumberland, Ontario
2. Pearl Elsie Fetterly, b. 1890, Ontario
3. Percy Fetterly, b. 1892, Ontario
4. Edith Fetterly, b. 1894, Ontario
5. Purdy Fetterly, b. 1898
6. Ira Albert Fetterly, b. 28 Apr 1900, Stanhope
7. Charles Raymond Fetterly, b. 13 Jan 1903, Stanhope,
8. Sherman Roy Fetterly, b. 6 Jun 1905, Stanhope, d. 15 Oct 1905, Stanhope, (Age 0 years) COD: Congestion of lungs 2 weeks
9. Violetta May Fetterly, b. 27 Jan 1907, Stanhope, d. 2 Feb 1907, Stanhope, (Age 0 years). COD: Cyanosis