Settler of township lots: 19 & 20, Conc. 6, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location in Lot 20, Conc. 6 at the north end of McPhail Rd.
- Lot 19, Conc. 6, Stanhope: 1883 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 103).
- Lot 20, Conc. 6, Stanhope:
- 1876 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 97 acres to Jacob Clock.
- 1883 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 10).
Other lands: Lot 16, Conc. 2, Stanhope - 1889 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 107 acres to Henry Ferrier BUT George Ferrier, his son, received the patent for this land in 1889. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 124).
Dates of residency:
- 1874 Birth of Daughter Henrietta Ferrier (1874–) Stanhope Twp
- 1881 Census of Canada, Stanhope: Henry & Maria Ferrin? with 4 children at Lot 20, Conc. 6
- 1891 Stanhope Voters List: Henry Ferrier at Lots 6 & 7, Conc. 3 but there is no record of this in the Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Images 45 & 77)
- 1901 Census of Canada, Simcoe: Monck Twp. Henry R, Cassie M, Hettie, Benjamin W & Minnie
- 1911 Census of Canada, Muskoka: Monck Twp. Henry R & Cassie M Ferrier
Henry Ferrier was the Reeve of Stanhope and Sherborne from 1880-87 and 1889. Nila Reynolds recounts in In Quest of Yesterday, pg. 316 that a 1884 Echo had this to say: "The municipality of Stanhope and Sherborne is in very good standing. These townships are noted for having a very efficient reeve in the person of Mr. Henry Ferrier, whose voice is always listened to at the county council board. He is one of the best extemporaneous orators we have in the north." In addition to his service in municipal affairs, Henry Ferrier was a lay preacher who, in the absence of a minister, often conducted divine services in the settlement."
Preceding landowner: The Crown
- Lot 19, Conc. 6, Stanhope: 1885 Thomas Liddle for $1,000 with other land; 1910 Mun. of Stanhope 99 acres
- Lot 20, Conc. 6, Stanhope.1885 Thomas Liddle for $100 with other land.; 1910 John Herbert Sisson & Daniel Henry McPhail; 1916 Carmel Barry
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Henry Reynolds Ferrier, b. 30 Mar 1842, Ontario, d. 7 May 1918, Innisfil, Simcoe, Ontario, (Age ~ 77 years)
- Family 1: Letitia Jane Ferrier, b. 1850 Innisfil, d. 1869, Innisfil Twp. Married: 1866
1. George Ferrier, b./d. Abt 1869, Innisfil Twp
- Family 2: Catherine "Cassie" Maria Moore, b. 16 Nov 1848, Innisfil, Simcoe, Ontario Married: 1870, Oro Twp
1. Henrietta Ferrier, b. Abt 1874, Ontario
2. Benjamin W Ferrier, b. Abt 1875, Ontario
3. Minnie Ferrier, b. Abt 1877, Ontario
4. Baby Ferrier, b. 24 Aug 1879, Stanhope