Settler of township lots: Lot 27, Conc. 3, Stanhope
Location: Map point is Lot 27, Conc. 3 running south from MacBrien Road at Hwy 118.
Land acquisition: 1889 from Francis Jones for $250. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 458).
Dates of residency:
- 1863 Marriage Jessie Rachael Maria Kemp, age 15. Confirmed from a descendant that Hamilton left Jessie in Sanilac County, Michigan in 1882 and returned to Canada. Jessie divorced him in 1887 for desertion. Source: Ancestry.ca James Austen Family Tree
- 1890 Stanhope Voters List: Hamilton Boice, owner, Lot 27, Conc. 3
- 1891 Birth of Daughter Bessie Boyce (1891–1971) Stanhope Twp
- 1892 Marriage Flora Jane Redner Haliburton
- 1895 Birth of Son Cecil Boyce (1895–1939) Lutterworth Twp
- 1900 Death Lot 10, Conc. 5 Lutterworth Twp. Buried: Pinegrove Cemetery, Norland ,ON.
Interesting facts: aka Hamilton Bice Boice Boyce
Preceding landowner: 1867 Francis Jones from The Crown
- Illegible William Powell?
- 1906 John J. Morrison - Powell died in 1905
- 1915 Robert John McBrien
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Hamilton Boice, b. 25 Dec 1841, Reach, Ontario.d. 6 Jun 1900.Conc. 5, Lot 10, Haliburton Co. Cause of Death: Inflammation of the lungs. Buried: Pinegrove Cemetery, Norland
• Samuel Bice, b. Abt 1808, Ontario
• Pennsylvania (Bice), b. Abt Feb 1810, Ontario, d. 21 Dec 1884 (Age ~ 74 years)
- Family 1. Rachael Maria Kemp, b. 5 Dec 1849, Lindsay, Ontario, d. 30 Mar 1938, Midland Michigan
aka: Jessie Rachel Maria Kirkpatrick, Rachel Maria Kerf
1. Elizabeth Emma Boyce Bice Boice 1867-1901 b. Ontario
2. William H. Bice Boice 1868-1944 b. Somerville Ontario
3. Albert Hamlton Boice (Bice) 1881-1969 b. Michigan
- Family 2. Flora Jane Demill Redner, b. 10 Jan 1873, Stanhope, d. 25 July 1950, Kinmount, (Age 76 years). Buried: Pinegrove Cemetery
Second husband: Andrew Pogue 1862-1921
- Male Siblings: William Boice 1829–; Simon Boice 1836–1870; Isaac Boice 1839–1914; Hamilton Boice 1841–1900; Louis Boice 1845–; Samuel Boice
Note re tombstone from Ancestry.ca: Ham Bice (Boice or Boyce) and Jane Redner stone. 1903 is wrong as Ham Boyce was dead March 31,1901 census day. His last daughter was born on Feb. 11,1901 and I'm not sure if he was around to see her.
Photo 1 left. Hamilton Boice. Ancestry. ca DeborahRugenstein20 originally shared this on 26 Aug 2009. Right: Flora Jane Redner, photo courtesy of Deb Mansfield. Source: Ancestry.ca johnmar131 originally shared this on 11 Mar 2013
Photo 2. Isaac, Simon and Ham Bice in centre abt. 1855. Ancestry.ca. johnmar131 originally shared this on 11 Mar 2013.
Photo 3: The Maple Lake Senior Hunt Club. I believe these are the names and ages L. to R. Isaac Boice (61), Durlin Redner (51), Samuel Demill Redner (17), George Clark (49), John Demill (64) Hamilton Boyce (59). Picture taken either 1899 or1900 . Ham was dead by March 1901. photo--courtesy of Dorothy Rivers. Source: Ancestry. ca johnmar131 originally shared this on 25 Jan 2013
Photo 4: Hamilton Boice - likely his last hunt. Source: Ancestry.ca johnmar131 originally shared this on 06 Mar 2013