Settler of township lots: Lots 20 & 21, Conc. 1, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 85 acre Lot 21, Conc. 1 which runs north of Tulip Road, north from Voicey Road to Blotter Lake.
- Lot 20, Conc. 1, Stanhope: 1920 from Thomas Edward Cruickshanks. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 238)
- Lot 21, Conc. 1, Stanhope: 1914 from Robert Marshall Baker. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 240)
- Lot 21, Conc. 10, Minden - 1874 to George Hawkins. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Minden (Image 170)
- 1871 MInden Directory: George Hawkins, 10 half 21
- 1893 Minden Township Directory: Geo Hawkins (Not in AH Family Tree) & W H Hawkins, Blairhampton
- Lots 26 & 27, Conc. 13, Minden - 1913 from Thomas Little; 1916 to William Henry Cowen. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Minden (Images 427 & 432).
Dates of residency: 1891 Census of Canada, Minden
- Lot 20, Conc. 1: 1913 Thomas Edward Cruickshanks from The Crown
- Lot 21, Conc. 1: 1885 Robert Marshall Baker from The Crown
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- George Herbert Hawkins, b. 13 Sep 1884, Minden. d, 1960. Buried: Twelve Mile Lake Cemetery
• William Henry Hawkins, b. 24 May 1856, Reach, Ontario,d. 11 Apr 1936, Carnarvon, (Age 79 years)
• Margaret Rebecca Owens, b. 23 Oct 1861, Ontario, 24 Feb 1937, Minden, (Age 75 years)
Photo: Mrs. John Mason, Abe Carr, Gramma, Jack Mason, George Hawkins. Taken near the corner of 25th Line and the Peterson (Tulip Rd). Alexandria E. Mason (Chambers), left, Vera Cowen (McBrien), top left Abner Carr who married John & Alexandria (Allie’s daughter), Brittie; John Mason (old Tom’s son), Big Bill Cowan (called that because he had a booming voice). ~1938. Source: Peter Hewitt’s Photo Collection.