Settler of township lots: Lot 16, Conc. A, Stanhope
Location: Map point in the approximate location within the 100 acre lot running east from the Old Bobcaygeon Road north of Brady Lake and west of Kushog Lake.
Land acquisition: 1871 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 43).
- Lots 16,17, & 18, Conc. A, Hindon - 1875 from John Gannon. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Hindon (Images 84, 86 & 88).
- Lot 4, Conc. 4, Stanhope: 1862 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 101 acres to BUT John Fee received the patent for this land in 23. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 23).
Dates of residency:
- 1870 & 1871 Peterborough County Directory, Stanhope
- 1881 Census of Canada, Stanhope: Geo, farmer & Jane Armstrong with daughter Margt. born USA
- 1891 Stanhope Voters List
- 1893 Anson & Hindon Townships Directory: Geo Armstrong, Petersons Cs
- 1899 Stanhope Directory: Geo Armstrong, Peterson Cs
- 1901 Stanhope Voters List
- 1901 Census of Canada, Stanhope: George & Jane Armstrong, no family
- 1905 He died at this lot
Before the post office was established at Hindon Hill, Geo. Armstrong collected his mail at Peterson Corners. Source: In Quest of Yesterday by Nila Reynolds. Published by The Provisional County of Haliburton, Minden, Ontario 1973 pg. 309
Preceding landowner: The Crown
Succeeding landowner: 1938 Angus Coulter Q.C. Deed
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- George Armstrong, b. 1838, Ireland d. 1 Apr 1905, Stanhope, (Age 67 years) COD: Syncope sudden
- Jane Gannon, b. 1838, Ireland
- Daughter: 1. Margaret Jane Armstrong, b. 20 Dec 1865, Ontario, d. 12 Nov 1913, Somerville, Victoria, Ontario, (Age 47 years)