Settler of township lots: Lot 26, Conc. A, Minden (Stanhope area)
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot between Queens Line Road and Bobcaygeon Road.
Land acquisition: 1910 from illegible. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Minden (Image 388).
Dates of residency:
- 1903 Business Directory, Minden: Freeman Trumbull, Minden, Lot 26, Conc. A
- 1906 Death of Mrs. Freeman Trumbull, age 46, at Conc. A, Minden. Reported by Freeman Trumbull.
- 1911 Census of Canada - Freeman & Christina Trumbull
- 1916 Death of Daughter, Christina Trumbull (1887-1916) at Lot 26, Conc. A, MInden. Cause of death: Heart Failure due to epilepsy which she had for several years. Buried: Minden Cemetery
In 1929, Dr Nesbitt, a dentist from Lindsay, built a rat farm. Mr Swan Ackerblade was foreman. This gave a great many men work; Freeman Trumbull was caretaker for several years. Source: The Ackerblades, by Ruth Kellett
Preceding landowner: 1863 Joseph McNeil from The Crown
Succeeding landowner: ? Thomas Calder Prentice
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Freeman Trumbull, b. 9 Mar 1879, Wingham. d. 26 Mar 1964
- Lewella Kent, b. 21 Jun 1890, Minden d. 1955, Buried: Minden Village Cemetery?
• William Francis Kent, b. 24 May 1857, Victoria, Ontario, d. 8 Nov 1918, Hindon, (Age 61 years)
• Sarah Letitia Taylor, b. 3 Oct 1867, Anson, d. 1 May 1927, Minden, (Age 59 years)
1. Wilbert Freeman Trumbull, b. Abt 1908, Anson
2. Luella Trumbull, b. 18 Sep 1916, Ontario
3. Wilfred D Trumbull, b. 19 Jul 1918, Ontario