Settler of township lots: Lot 2, Conc. 3, Guilford (Stanhope area)
Location: Map point is the approximate location of this lot which runs north from Irish Line one lot east of the Stanhope border.
Land acquisition: 1918 from John Griffin. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Guilford (Image ).
Dates of residency:
- 1911 Census of Canada
- 1921 Census of Canada, Guillford
- Some of Guilford's pioneers, like Joseph Griffin, had owned land in Stanhope before moving east to Guilford. Griffin bought property on the Irish Line which is still owned by son, Ernest Griffin, before purchasing his final home on the north shore of Grass Lake. In Quest of Yesterday by Nila Reynolds. Published by The Provisional County of Haliburton, Minden, Ontario 1973 pg 154
Preceding landowner: The Crown
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Ernest Griffin, b. 24 Apr 1887, Ontario, d. 15 Sep 1966 (Age 79 years). Buried: Maple Lake Cemetery
• Joseph Griffin,b. 10 Feb 1851, Uxbridge, d. 06 Apr 1935, Ontario, (Age 84 years)
• Sarah Jane Horsley, b. 20 Jul 1861, Brighton, Northumberland, Ontario, d. 25 Feb 1921, Peterborough, (Age 59 years)
- Della Dorothy Catherina Paull, b. 16 Jun 1901, Dysart, d. 28 Mar 1983 (Age 81 years). Buried: Maple Lake Cemetery
- Son: Baby Griffin, b./d. 25 Aug 1926, Maple Lake. COD: Still born. Buried: Maple Lake