Settler of township lots: Lot 8, Conc. A, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location on this 100 acre lot running east from Brady Lake Road.
Land acquisition: 1878 Charles & B C Wright Jr from William Wright (father). Ontario Land Parcel Register-Stanhope (Image 26)
- Lot 9, Conc. A, Stanhope: 1901 from Bowes Cecil Wright; 1922 to Samuel Crawford Quit Claim
- Lot 14, Conc. 3, Stanhope: 1886 from Stanhope Treasurer. Ontario Land Parcel Register-Stanhope (Image 170)
- Lot 1, Conc. 9, Stanhope: 1885 from David Keers; 1905 to John Crawford. Ontario Land Parcel Register-Stanhope (Image 2)
- Lot 7, Conc. A, Hindon: 1877 from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Hindon (Image 19).
- Lots 16, 17 & 18, Conc. A, HIndon - 1885 from George Armstrong. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Hindon (Images 84, 86 & 88).
- Lot 19, Conc. A, Hindon - 1885 from David Keers. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Hindon (Image 90).
- Lot 3, Conc. 4, Hindon - 1891 30 acres from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Hindon (Image 269).
Dates of residency: Son of Bowes Cecil Wright Sr. (1816 - 1876) who patented 3 lots in his sons' names and 1 in his wife's name.
- 1881 Census of Canada: Margaret (b. 1816) William's mother (wife of Bowes Cecil Wright Sr.), sons: William, Charles, Francis E. & Walter E.
- 1893 Stanhope Directory: Charles Wright Lot 10, Conc. A
- 1893 Anson & Hindon Townships Directory: Charles Wright Petersons Corners
- 1899 Stanhope Directory: Charles Wright Lot 10, Conc. A
- 1901 Stanhope Voters List: at this location (also Lots 9 & 10, Conc. A).
- 1901 Census of Canada, Stanhope: Charles Wright with brother James C and sister Maggie
- 1901 Death of Brother Cecil Bowes Wright at Lot 8, Conc. A, Stanhope
- 1903 Business Directory, Anson & Hindon: C. Wright, Petersons Corners, Lot 3, Conc. 4
- 1903 Business Directory, Stanhope: Charles Wright, Petersons Cr, Lot 2, Conc. 4 which at this date was unpatented.
- 1911 Stanhope Voters List: at this location (also Lots 9 & 10, Conc. A).
- 1911 Stanhope Post Office List: C. Wright, Halls Lake at Lot 8 Conc. 4 but this probably should be Conc. A.
- 1918 Stanhope Post Office List: C. Wright, Lindsay at Lot 8, Conc. A
Interesting facts: q
Bowes Cecil Wright first located in a cedar swamp near Minden but relinquished this after a year for 100 acres in Concession A, Stanhope. Two of the Wright sons, William and Ernest, later took up land in Concession A which is bisected by the Bobcaygeon Road, on lots 8, 9, & 10. Source: In Quest of Yesterday by Nila Reynolds. Published by The Provisional County of Haliburton, Minden, Ontario 1973 pg. 309.
Preceding landowner: 1878 The Crown to William Wright
- 1878 Charles & Bowes Cecil Wright Jr.
- 1881 Charles Wright
- 1922 Samuel Crawford (Quit Claim)
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Charles Wright, b. 7 Aug 1854, England d. 14 Mar 1921, Anson, (Age 66 years) Single. COD: Myocardial vascular degeneration.
• Bowes Cecil Wright Sr., b. 1816, North Shields, Northumberland, England d. 21 Nov 1878, Haliburton (Age 62 years)
• Margaret Lee b. Abt 1816, Alston, Cumberland, England d. 16 Sep 1888, Stanhope (Age ~ 72 years)
- Male Siblings: Cecil, William, Charles, Bowes Cecil Jr, Francis Ernest, Walter Edward