Settler of township lots: Lot 9, Conc. A, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot east of Brady Lake Road south of Boyd Road
Land acquisition: Son of Bowes Cecil Wright Sr. (1816 - 1876) who patented 3 lots in his sons' names and 1 in his wife's name.
- 1869 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register. 100 acres to Bowes Cecil Wright.
- 1869 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register-Stanhope (Image 30).
Dates of residency: Until his death in 1901.
Interesting facts: Never married.
Preceding landowner: The Crown
- Passed around in the Wright family until 1922
- 1922: Samuel Crawford for $900 and other land.
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Bowes Cecil Wright, b. Abt Sep 1854, England d. 23 Nov 1901, Stanhope, (Age ~ 47 years). Buried: Minden Village Cemetery
• Bowes Cecil Wright Sr., b. 1816, England d. 21 Nov 1878, Haliburton (Age 62 years)
• Margaret Lee b. Abt 1816, England d. 16 Sep 1888, Stanhope (Age ~ 72 years)
- Male Siblings: Cecil, William, Charles, Bowes Cecil Jr, Francis Ernest, Walter Edward