Settler of township lots: Lot 8, Conc. 6, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot running along the east side of Buckslide Road.
Land acquisition: 1900 from Thomas Godwin for $400. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 22).
Other land: Lot 14, Conc. 10, Stanhope - 1920 from The Crown in 1920; 1923 to Thomas S. Fletcher. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 139)
Dates of residency:
- 1901 Stanhope Voters List
- 1903 Business Directory, Stanhope: Arthur Hewitt, Boskung
- 1903 Stanhope Voters List: Arthur Hewitt, farmer, Lot 8, Conc. 6
- 1911 Census of Canada, Stanhope: Arthur & Minnie A Hewitt
- 1911 Stanhope Voters List: Lot 8, Conc. 6 & Lot 14, Conc. 10
- 1911 & 1918 Stanhope Post Office Lists: Lot 8, Conc. 6
- 1928 Stanhope Voters List: Muriel Hewitt is listed at Lots 8 & 10, Conc. 6, but stroked off for the next year
- 1874 Joshua Davis received patent.
- 1877 Thomas Godwin purchased from Joshua Davis for $400.
- 1921 Allan Hewitt
- 1926 Alexander Hewitt
Link to Arthur Hewitt Family on the Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree website
Photo: Boshkung House: Arthur Hewitt on Boshkung Lake Road. Source: Peter Hewitt's Photo Collection