Settler of township lots: North half Lots 9 & 10, Conc. 6, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location with the north half of Lot 10, Conc. 6 one lot south of Hwy 35 between Buckslide Road and Boshkung Lake Road.
Land acquisition: 1909 from Caleb Davis. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Images 29 & 32).
- Lot 8, Conc. 6, Stanhope - 1921 from Arthur Hewitt. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 22).
- Lot 13, Conc. 6, Stanhope - North half 1918 from Caleb Davis. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 83)
- Lot 12, Conc. 7, Stanhope - from Joshua Davis: 1931 to William McLaughlin. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Image 90)
Dates of residency:
- 1911 Census of Canada, Stanhope: listed as boarder at Lot 10, Conc. 6
- 1911 Stanhope Voters List: n pt 9. 10, 13, op 6 6
- 1911 & 1918 Stanhope Post Office Lists: Allen Hewitt, Boskung
- 1921 Census of Canada, Stanhope
- 1928 Stanhope Voters List: Allen Hewitt written in at Lots 11 & 13, Conc. 6 & 11 & 12, Con. 7
Allan Carter Hewitt was a baby when his father, Benjamin Hewitt, drowned in 1889 while hunting in Peach Lake at 31 years old, so he went to live with Caleb Davis and his wife, Mary Carter, with whom his mother had lived before being married.
Preceding landowner: 1866 patent to Caleb Davis from The Crown
Succeeding landowner: 1924 John Moore
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Allan Carter Hewitt, b. 1 Apr 1889, Stanhope, d. 1970 (Age 80 years). Buried: Minden Cemetery
• Benjamin Hewitt, b. Abt 1858, Brantford, d. Sep 1889 (Age ~ 31 years)
• Mary Carter, b. 18 Nov 1864, England d. 13 Oct 1931, Lindsay, (Age 66 years)
- Florence Winifred Coulter, b. 22 Jan 1895, Haliburton, d. 1972 (Age 76 years)
Photo: ancestry.ca 20170619_173006-1. Donna Callow originally shared this on 19 Jun 2017. Linked To Clara Alvenna Dunn Allan Carter Hewitt Florence Winifred Coulter Basil Hewitt W Grant Hewitt