Settler of township lots: Lot 5, Conc. 6, Guilford (Stanhope area)
Location: Map point is the approximate location within this 100 acre lot running south from Binscarth Trail through Barry Line west of Kennisis Lake Road.
Land acquisition: At this date the property was owned by his son-in-law, Benjamin Sawyer. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Minden (Image 33).
Dates of residency:
- 1903 Business Directory, Guilford: Alexand Morrison, Maple Lake
- 1911 Census of Canada, Hindon - Alexander Morrison listed as Father-in-law to Benjamin Sawyer family at Lot 6, Conc. 6, Guilford who owned this property at this date.
Interesting facts: q
The years before 1885 saw a steady influx of homesteaders to West Guilford, including Alex Morrison. Source: In Quest of Yesterday by Nila Reynolds. Published by The Provisional County of Haliburton, Minden, Ontario 1973 pg. 155
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- Alexander Morrison, b. 25 Mar 1832, Ireland d. 7 Oct 1920 (Age 88 years). Buried: Maple Lake United Church Cemetery
- Mary Craig, b. 1839, Ireland d. 8 Sep 1906 (Age 67 years). Buried: Maple Lake United Church Cemetery
1. Margaret Ann Morrison, b. Abt 1863, Ontario
2. Mary Elizabeth Morrison, b. 6 Mar 1864, Ontario, d. 4 Oct 1941, Stanhope, (Age 77 years)
3. Mary Jane Morrison, b. 26 Jul 1867, Ontario, d. 10 Jul 1942 (Age 74 years)
4. Archibald Alexander Morrison, b. Feb 1871, Tosoronto, Ontario
5. Sarah Morrison b. Abt 1873, Ontario
6. George Morrison, b. 22 Apr 1876, Ontario, d. 17 Feb 1957 (Age 80 years)
7. Catherine Morrison, b. Abt 1879, Ontario
8. John James Morrison, b. 2 Apr 1881, Ireland d. 30 Jul 1966 (Age 85 years)