Settler of township lots: Lots 3 & 4, Conc. 11, McClintock
Location: Map point is the approximate location in Lot 4, Conc. 11 on the west shore of Oxtongue Lake. 4014 Hwy 60, Oxtongue Village
From Tapawingo Place, Nunn/Armstrong/Gower Story, Part Lot 4, Conc. 11. Submitted by Fran Gower. Facts and Fables of Oxtongue Lake, 2000 pg. 92
The original property - Concession 11, Lot 4 - was divided and sold to different owners. Ms. G. Winifred Armstrong purchased Nunn's original log cabin, plus 2 acres, in 1923, for $750. In 1932 the remaining 31 acres were sold to his son-in-law James McClymont (husband of daughter Ethel) for $100. James McClymont subsequently sold a portion of the property to the Trustees of the School Section No. 2; portions to William Keown and Donald Seal; and an unknown number of acres to Frank Hubbel, which became the location of the mill.
From Nunn/Rennie Story. Submitted by
Dates of residency: October 8, 1907 to July 9, 1923
Interesting facts: Please refer to the two attached PDF documents for personal accounts of Charles Nunn, his family, and his properties
The Cottage at KKR, is one of the last remaining dovetailed log homesteads in the area. Built by a James Rennie in 1913 and updated in the late 1990’s, the cottage is available for rent from May 1st until late October. Source: tapawingoplace.ca
Read Nunn / Rennie, Lot 4, Concession 11 Submitted by Alan James Rennie. Source: Facts and Fables of Oxtongue Lake, 2000 pg. 119-121
Preceding landowner: The Crown
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree Charles Nunn 1855 - 1936
Information source: Gower, Fran. Facts and Fables of Oxtongue Lake; 2000. Pg. 119, submitted by Rennie, Allan James.
INFORMATION TO BE ADDED FROM GOWER'S BOOK PG 119 + MEMORIES OF WW CHAPIN AS PDFs.
Photo 1. Charles Nunn with fish at Chape Inn, Chapin Archives
Photo 2: Charles Nunn with Mr Renny, Mr. Harlock and Carolyn White Siegfried, Chapin Archives
Photo 3: Charles & May Nunn, not sure if wife or daughter (both named May) on hill behind community centre - 1907