Geographic location: Lot 19, Conc.10, Stanhope Township
Current address: 2029 Little Hawk Lake Rd.
Date range: 1940s -
The first property owner was Alpha Warren Pinch who received the patent for 1 acre Lot 19, Conc. 10, from The Crown in 1934.
From the Oakview Lodge website:
When the first Haliburton tourists came to the area, they stayed in tents and or rented rooms from year round residents. Many of the original Haliburton inns and lodges began as family homes that took in lodgers, giving them a room and meals as a way for the family to supplement their income. As transportation to the area improved, greater numbers of tourists began to arrive and more Haliburton lodges and inns began to appear that were more like resorts than rooming houses. It was about this time, in the 1940s, that Oakview Lodge was built.
Pete and Mabel (Johnson) Sawyer (Long Ben's son) owned the resort in 1954.
Public access: Yes
Current use: Resort
Photos: Source Oakview Lodge website