Blue Spruce Inn

Geographic location: Lot 5, Conc. 13, McClintick Twp

Current address: 1215 Oxtongue Lake Road, Oxtongue Village

Date range:

Interesting facts:

Jack and Joan Hayden purchased the property in 1954. With little money but with much spirit and enthusiasm they remodelled the existing ice house into a double unit, hauled the boathouse up from the lake for a larger "deluxe" cabin, built one double unit, and rented out all possible rooms in the main house. The first year saw the accommodations gross a magnificent $700.00. In 1960 the Haydens sold a parcel of land at the corner of the highway to William Swift and David Wainman to begin operation of a business to be known as Algonquin Outfitters. In 1986, Scott Hayden and his wife Lynda assumed management of the resort, continuing the pattern of upgrading and improving facilities and amenities. Source:

Read the whole story BLUE SPRUCE INN Submitted by Joan Hayden. Facts and Fables of Oxtongue Lake, 2000 pg. 151

Public access:

Current use: Resort:

Ownership History:

  • 1913 Patent from The Crown to Alexander Robertson for 96 acres broken lot. Ontario Land Parcel Register - McClintock (Click here and go to Image 150).
  • 1914 Charlie and Annie Bishop
  • 1932 Paul Elbridge Bishop
  • 1954 John Clifford & Joan Hayden