Geographic location: Lot 31, Conc. 5, Stanhope
Current address: 10961 Hwy 118 E. at the north east corner of Hwy 118 and Airport Road.
Date range: 1900 to present
Interesting facts: Once called the "Twentieth Century Church", this church sits at "Clark's Corners" and dates back to 1900 when the Pine Lake and Maple Lake Methodist congregations amalgamated. Lumber was hauled from Stevens' mill on Boshkung Lake and the contractor was paid $115 for 12 weeks' work. Its cemetery was a burying ground before the church was built, and some of Stanhope's most prominent pioneer families are buried here.
Public access: Yes
Current use: United Church
Information source: Stanhope Heritage Driving Tour brochure / Stanhope Museum collection
Photo information & source: Carol Moffatt