Salvation Army Camp

Geographic location: East side of Kennisis River north of Little Hawk Lake Road, opposite Braeloch Road

Current address: Looking Glass Lane

Date range:

Interesting facts:

Original owner of the property Lot 17, Conc. 9 was Alfred Davies, born in Wales in 1873

Salvation Army bands practiced here

Lloyd & Helen Johnson, the postmaster in Minden, took over from the Salvation Army and called it the Happy Land Campgrounds

Public access: No

Current use: Private property

Information source: 

Photo:Fabric Happy Land badge. Source: Stanhope Museum accession # 012.09.52 from June Mason.