Geographic location: Lot 3, Conc. 5, Stanhope
Current address: 113 Switchback Drive, off Buckslide Road
Date range: 1946 - 1983
Northern Lights Camp was a canoe base that became operational in 1947 and was operated by the Niagara Frontier Council of the Boys Scouts of America. There was a boat house, dining hall and tents on wooden floors on 60 acres of land now known as Northern Lights Drive. The camp continued operation until 1983 when it was sold to Roy Colliss for private use (and subsequent development). In the 1970s and 80s the camp was called Northern Lights Canoe Base and finally just Northern Lights.
Public access: No
Current use: Private property
Photo: Camp Northern Lights Honor Troup Award 1954