Settler of township lots: Lots 25 & 26, Conc. 5, Stanhope
Location: Map point is the approximate location within the irregular, waterfront Lot 25, Conc. 5 on Maple Lake running north from Generation Trail through North Shore Road.
- 1877 Lands Liable to Taxation: Township of Stanhope Patent Register - 30 & 34 acres to John Grimmett.
- 1877 Patent from The Crown. Ontario Land Parcel Register - Stanhope (Images 203 & 229).
Dates of residency: 1881 Census of Canada, Stanhope: John & Eliz Grimmett with 6 children
- 1899 Stanhope Directory: Hamilton Boice, Maple Lake.
Hamilton Boice, b. 1842, Ontario
1. Rachael Maria Kemp, b. 1849, Ontario d. 1892 (Age 43 years)
2, Flora Jane Demill Redner, b. 10 Jan 1873, Stanhope d. 1950, Norland, (Age 76 years)
- 1911 Stanhope Voters List: Ernest Mitchel, farmer. Not in AH Family Tree.
Preceding landowner: The Crown
- 1918 Joseph Fader
- 1920 Samuel Redner
- 1921 William H. Thompson
- 1934 Thomas Jones
Link to Settlers of Algonquin Highlands family tree
- John Grimmett, b. Abt 1836, England d. 22 Jan 1917, Vancouver, (Age ~ 81 years)
- Elizabeth A Thatcher, b. Abt 1831, England
- Family: 5 children - no connections for Haliburton